Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August WIP Update

This summer has disappeared! I am already spending more time getting ready for back to school than I am stitching. This month I quickly stitched up the August block of my Once Upon A Time sampler by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.

Then I bravely made a list of all my WIPs and choose one to try and finish. I picked May Word Play by With Thy Needle and Thread. It finished quickly and now it is waiting to be sewn into a prim pillow.

After my finish, I decided that I deserved a new start. This project has been kitted up for years with floss, wool for sewing it into a tote, and a lovely linen. I purchased these so long ago that I have no idea what count or color linen it it. This is my start on Guided By Virtue, a Stacy Nash pattern.

I hope to finish this piece by the end of the month. It is stitching up quickly and I love working big sections with one color. This project is coming to the beach with me. I may even take another small new project... Big decisions to make.

~aj

 

No comments:

Post a Comment